Monday, August 27, 2012

Fall Garden

So tomorrow we get our fall garden completed.  I think we are planting carrots, beets, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, onions, celery, garlic, and more beans (just on the off chance that it stays warm a little longer than usual).  Also peas, we didn't get any this spring at all.

It was such an awful summer, weeks of over 100 degree temps with no rain at all in Southern Kansas.  We were in the extreme drought area, and our garden showed it.  We watered, but anybody who gardens knows that watering with treated water is never as good as rain.

I am going to try to garden in thick tree mulch next year.  I watched a film about the Back to Eden garden.  I'm not sure it will work in this part of the country, but I'm going to give it a try.

School has started here, the grandkids are all busy with school, and homework.  I have found tons of great ideas online to help out this year with organization, and am very excited about getting them started.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment