Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Proverbs 31 Grandma?

I never knew what real love was until I became a Grandma.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love my husband very much.  I have tried very hard to be a Proverbs 31 wife.  And I love my children more than I could ever put into words.  But being a Grandma?  It's the best.  Grandma's aren't quite so worried about how the kids look.  Nor do we worry about a little dirt.  And in fact, sometimes we think our grandkids look really cute with some dirt showing!

Grandkids love us unconditionally, and completely, and they aren't at all afraid to show that love.  

I have seven grandchildren.  I never even dreamed that I could be so blessed.  They absolutely light up our lives.  They give us a reason to go on.  A reason to still make that bed every morning, clean house, do the laundry, and make sure there are 'goodies' around for them.

I spent part of the summer tutoring two of my granddaughters in Grammar, English, Reading, and Math, as well as religion.  What an incredible time it was.  As a Grandma, I had all the time in the world, with nothing else I had to go do.  I was able to give them undivided attention, for four hours a day, we did nothing else.  It was incredible to me to watch them learn.  I could actually see their little minds working as they silently sat at their tables, sometimes pencil ends in their mouths, thinking and figuring things out.  It did my heart good.

We hear so much bad news today about the youth.  I'm very blessed that all of mine are growing into such good children, and hopefully will grow into God fearing adults.  And they just soak up religion, good little sponges that they are.

It's a great thing....being a Grandma.  What a blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment